Here is the April 2008 report on our work on the Mosquito.
1. The fabric is now all complete on the wing and the silver dope has been applied. The tank bay doors were trimmed to obtain the correct clearance after the fabric was finished and these too have been covered. The flaps have also been covered although they have not yet been sprayed with the silver. We set up a temporary spray booth over the wing to keep the dust out and the paint in. We have also fabricated a number of edge rings for around the access panels for the fuel tank fillers.
2. Work continues on the left aileron. We are almost at the assembly stage now with the majority of the components either repaired or remade. The last jobs are the leading edge skins. We had to fabricate a new piece of trailing edge extrusion which we did by ripping a piece of flat into the triangular shape required.
3. The fuel tank rebuild continues and we have made good progress on the assembly of the intermediate pair and started the assembly of the centre big tanks.
4. The wiring is also progressing well, although I have found it difficult to photograph as it all looks the same as it did last month. We are getting there and soon we will have to start fitting it into the airframe to be able to continue.
5. We have continued on the nacelle rebuilds and have fabricated a few more bulkheads and supports and will be making the new skins after we get your original wing back down from Glyns place.
6. We have had new wing to fuselage attach pins fabricated.